Over 15 years of professional experience, leading consumer products divisions in Latin America, China, US and Canada; enterprise and manufacturing systems for discrete and continuous processes; Sales and Marketing and all the interactive activities of several large Media Corporations with Newspapers, Broadcast, Radio and Digital operations. Among them Unisys, Timon, Polaroid, CanWest in Canada, Impremedia, the largest Hispanic News and Information Media company in the US and lately at The Journal Register Co, considered the most advanced Newspaper company in the Digital Conversion process. Recently named Chief Digital Officer at DigitalFirstMedia Co. that oversees now MEdia News Group and JRC.
With a reputation as a top digital/media leader in several countries, creating disruptive, high growth businesses, with particular emphasis on the converging sectors of media, internet, mobile/tech, imaging, computing, printing, and textile industries; extending into consumer products.
Created and launched new products, new sites, full networks, head efforts to enter new markets and “fix” Divisions, Subsidiaries, etc. turning them around in record time.
A digital marketing pioneer, Arturo has over 15 years of digital marketing experience, helping leading brands engage customers and build successful businesses online.
– Member of the Board of the Yahoo! – Newspaper Consortium. 2012
– Member of the Board of MNet (Ottawa) and of Platial.com (Portland, Oregon).
– Fellowship at the Media Center, Annenberg School of Journalism, Knight Foundation.
– Several Advisory Board roles, among them SXSW Accelerator Program 2011.
– Awarded the TOP Hispanic IT executives in the US by HITECH in 2009.
– US Citizen, allowed to live and work in Europe (EEC) and Mexico.